Saturday 5 June 2021

Nice To Be Back

    It's been a busy week work wise and a bloody hot one too sharing space with my kiln and torch but hey, If I'm not used to that by now then I never will be.

   The fens are once more alive after what seemed like the longest winter ever, covid lock-downs not helping. Every cycle is now accompanied by bird song, the cuckoo playing lead part in mother natures early summer play, one for which we all have front row seats and unlimited access to watch.


   My cycles are at last getting longer and some of the villages from last summer are once more a very welcome sight for this old bead hermit. Often I'm to be seen strolling the odd church yard searching for fungi or resting on old village benches grey in colour after many hard fen winters, but most of all I'm watching the countryside blossom with every week. 


   The trees now wear their green jewellery of a thousand shades and the old carp swim in the warm layers of Well Creek where the sun warms their mirror scales. Fen tigers say "good morning" with smiles upon their weathered faces and the evenings roll long into the night while gardeners sit with that well earnt evening  drink and contentness that only summer brings.

  My god it's good to be back.

1 comment:

  1. I so love your blogs! Your descriptions, pictures, and your enthusiasm are sheer joy to see and read.
    “The mirror scales” Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete

Nice To Be Back

    It's been a busy week work wise and a bloody hot one too sharing space with my kiln and torch but hey, If I'm not used to that b...