Friday 20 March 2020

Spring Peeks Around The Corner.

   It's been yet another wet and windy winter thus far and we are still not out of storm season. The country has taken and really hammering from the storms and so many people are flooded out of their homes as I write this blog, you can only feel for them. Yet on my cycles, I smile when seeing the river banks and hedgerows starting to show their wares, those beautiful clumps of Snowdrops, Daffodils and Primerose all adding that colour of early Spring to the fenlands of East Anglia.
   Running through Upwell and Outwell the banks of Well Creek are covered in Daffodils, yellows of every shade and still many many more yet to flower. It's this time of year when mother nature really starts her great show, a show that passes through Spring, Summer and the Autumn months until once more the colder months wrap around our fen cottages.






   My cycling through winter has stayed around the 20-mile mark each morning, my idea to just tick over until the finer weather is here. This last week I have started the longer journies, travelling up to the great marshlands that sit just below the Wash, such an interesting area full of character and one I hope to visit often this coming summer. This coming week I hope to visit Terrington St Clement when I will spend some time looking around the village and taking photographs ready to post here on my blog. I have been there before but never really had time to explore everything apart from their parish church which I must admit is very unique being in that the tower is separate from the main building, but I will explain and show pictures next week fingers crossed.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice To Be Back

    It's been a busy week work wise and a bloody hot one too sharing space with my kiln and torch but hey, If I'm not used to that b...