Thursday 20 December 2018

Winter Arrives

   Well, it's that time of year again, the trees are bare, the river banks are short and the great fen skies are at times very angry, its winter and winter points to numerous cold cycles and a whole different world to travel. The darker mornings can often lead to many of the daily trips being done at lunchtime and yes there are more days when I don't get out because of weather but just because it's winter doesn't mean the cycling stops, it just means I cycle through a very different looking fenland.


   Being a village boy I guess I notice the seasonal changes more and each has its own appeal, summer brings longer warmer cycles, autumn shows off the beautiful orange and rusty hedgerows, winter produces acres of ice and snow covered dark fen soil along with frozen rivers and dykes. Then the stunning world of spring arrives with riverbanks full of spring bulbs and trees full of bud, each season helping to make cycling enjoyable in its own way.


   At this point, I must admit it is, without doubt, harder to find the enthusiasm needed to wrap up on the coldest of days and head off out into the wild fen weather, but this I have to do if I wish to continue on my journey towards a healthier life. Last week I had great results as to weight loss and blood tests for Diabetes which is all down to the long summer and autumn cycles, felt good knowing it's working. So from now until early Spring, it's winter leggings gloves and woollen hat for this old bead maker, I need to do this and I'm buggered if I'm giving up just because of bad weather.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice To Be Back

    It's been a busy week work wise and a bloody hot one too sharing space with my kiln and torch but hey, If I'm not used to that b...