Tuesday 29 October 2019

My Poppy is Red

My choice of poppy is red and will always be so, not because I'm trying to glorify war or I don't seek peace in this mad world, but out of respect to all those who laid down their lives for us to have such choices as to what colour poppy we wear. For those who wish not to remember the likes of Frederick George Covington who was literally blown to pieces on New Years Eve 1917 in mud-filled no man's land that is your right and one, he and many other Tommies gave to you.  For me, well he was not just my great uncle but he is also my hero and I wear that red flower of remembrance with pride not just for Frederick but for every man, woman and beast that has lost their lives protecting us.


   Whether we wear a poppy of red, white or any other colour I'm sure those we lost would respect our choice as they were forced to face hell in many ways to present it to us. I do and always will remember them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice To Be Back

    It's been a busy week work wise and a bloody hot one too sharing space with my kiln and torch but hey, If I'm not used to that b...